Monday, February 1, 2010

Sledding in the Sun

 

On Saturday we went with the kids and my sister to a nearby park for sledding. We happily had fresh snow last week, so we were anxious to get out and romp around. Weather.com told us it was 7 degrees so we debated about going for a while, but the sun was shining, and my nose hairs weren't freezing when I inhaled, so...why not give it a go. When we got there, the hill was untouched. Quiet, pristine, sparkling, snow-covered stretch. I almost felt guilty sending Toby down on his sled the first time and defiling this sacred piece of white. But what joys and laughter and speed and wipe-outs were had! By the time we left the face of the hill was utterly destroyed. It looked like a host of children had been assaulting the hill with sleds for two days instead of my little family. I am so glad we were the ones that got to wreak havoc on this hill.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment